Traditional Method Sparkling Cider
$30 | 1.5L

Apples on the orchard floor layered over aromas of toffee, dust, beeswax and hay lead to a muscular and embracing mid-palate with flavors of ripe red apple, wild mint and something animalistic. The finish is an interplay between sweet and bitter, the leathery tannin full and present amidst still ripe fruit and brown sugar.

Serving Suggestions:

Autumn's Gold in fun (super) size! Depending on your glass, this magnum serves 6-12 people, making it the perfect thing to bring to a party or to plop in the middle of a festive dinner table.

This dry, tannic cider should be served at cellar temperature: ~ 55 degrees. Pair with nutty cheeses like cave aged cheddar, savory meats like Merguez sausage, and all manner of vegetables, especially grilled.

2015 Autumn's Gold Front Label

The Story of Autumn's Gold '15

In 1999 at the age of 19, Autumn drove to Lebanon, New Hampshire to Poverty Lane Orchards (and Farnum Hill Cidery).

At the time, she was working at a u-pick orchard owned by our partner, James Cummins, near Ithaca, New York.  Autumn had just read an article in Fruit Growers News about Steve Wood and Louisa Spencer who had been inspired to top graft a portion of their orchard to English Cider varieties.  It was a cold call when Autumn drove down the driveway at Poverty Lane Orchards and found Steve Wood.  The reception was anything but cold and Autumn left with a stack of scion wood.  Autumn has never forgotten that act of generosity and Eve’s Cidery and Farnum Hill Cidery share a close relationship to this day.

One of the varieties that Steve shared was Ellis Bitter, which is now the largest planting of cider fruit in our orchards.  Our vision for the Autumn’s Gold requires a lot of tannic structure from bittersweet fruit.

In the 2015 Autumn’s Gold, that comes from the trio of Ellis Bitter, Yarlington Mill and Dabinette which together, make up almost half of this cider. They hail from the county of Somerset England (Yarlington Mill and Dabinette) and the neighboring County of Devon (Ellis Bitter). The Ellis Bitter and other estate grown varieties account for nearly 70% of the 2015 Autumn’s Gold. But the Yarlington Mill and Dabinett from Poverty Lane Orchards, which add the other 30%, are integral to the blend, sourced from an exceptional grower. 

Apple Varieties:

  • 17% Ellis Bitter
  • 17% Yarlington Mill
  • 14% Dabinette
  • 12% Akane
  • 12% Idared
  • 10% Wild seedling
  • 7% Liberty
  • 6% St. Edmund’s Russet
  • 3% Virginia Crab
  • 2% Stembridge Cluster
  • 70% of the apples were estate grown, 30% were grown by Steve Wood and Louisa Spencer, Lebanon, New Hampshire.

Production Notes:

  • Primary fermentations in stainless steel.
  • Secondary fermentation in the bottle, Traditional Method.
  • 52% of the fermentations were wild ferment, 48% of the fermentations were inoculated.
  • 458 cases bottled


  • Returned sugar 1.4%
  • Alc/Vol 7.5%
  • Tritratable Acidity 6.2 g/l
  • pH 3.85