2018 BECKHORN HOLLOW
Traditional Method Dry Cider
$18 | 750 ml
Red cherry, dark roast coffee and carnations on the nose with a dense, focused mid palate and linear finish that lingers with zingy acid, ripe fruit and citrus peel.
Spice, citrus and tomatillos all pair well with this cider, so try crispy carnitas or black bean tacos.
The Story of Beckhorn Hollow 2018
The 2018 growing season brought us a dearth of bittersweets but an abundance of Golden Russets and other heirloom apples...thus a revival of the Beckhorn Hollow blend.
Each year, we tend the orchards to raise healthy trees and produce high quality fruit. 10 months of hard work in the orchard, a few months in stainless steel tanks or neutral barrels fermenting with wild yeast, and the vintage or pommage begins to reveal it's self. When we sit down to blend our ciders, they tell us what they want to be rather than the other way around. So when this blend emerged as we tasted through the 2018 ciders, it surprised and delighted us.
The synergy of bodacious Golden Russet blended with tannic wild pears and the searing acid of Goldrush resulted in a beguiling cider with a focused crystalline structure and layer upon layer of aromas that unfold in the glass.
Autumn Stoscheck Cider Maker/ Orchardist
- 32% Golden Russet
- 23% wild foraged pears
- 18% Jonagold
- 11% Goldrush
- 6% mixed crabs and heirlooms: Wickson, Esopus Spitzenburg, Roxbury Russet, Northern Spy, Ashmead's Kernal
- 100% of fruit is estate grown or wild foraged.
- Uninoculated primary fermentation in stainless steel with wild yeast.
- Secondary fermentation in bottle, followed by hand disgorging.
- 225 cases bottled
- Residual Sugar 0.3 grams/liter (0%)
- Alc/Vol 8%
- pH 3.70
- Titratable Acidity 6.4 g/l