2018 Albee Hill
Still, dry cider.
$16 | 750 ml
Unfolding layers of sweet and savory aromas like ripe cantaloupe, kerosene and wet shale evolve on a soft mid palate. The finish is juicy and energetic with dust, roses and a touch of bitter herbs.
An ideal companion to a herbed quiche or pasta with pesto. Serve at cellar temperature.
The Story of Albee Hill 2018
This bottling is a still, dry cider made from a blend of apples harvested from our certified organic Albee Hill Orchard. This special site is perched precariously on a steep shale covered hillside where the Northern Appalachian Plateau meets the southern Finger Lakes. It's hard to get the apples down to the cidery but the elevation and eastern exposure make it a great site for cider apples.
With over 50 varieties in the planting, many of them biennial cider apples, the composition of the blend varies year to year but always the essential characteristics of the site come through--honey, melon and petrol.
A perfect example of the effects of a cool, wet 2018 vintage, this cider shows pretty floral aromas, soft, fine tannins and unfolding layers of complexity.
Autumn Stoscheck Cider Maker/ Orchardist
- 20% Texture: Ellis Bitter, Brown Snout, Bulmer's Norman, Krys, Chisel Jersey, Stoke Red
- 38% Acidity: Northern Spy, Wickson, Esopus Spitzenburg
- 42% Aromatics: Golden Russet, Virginia Crab, Saint Edmund's Russet, Akane
- 100% of fruit is estate grown
- Spontaneous fermentation in stainless steel
- 100 cases bottled in May of 2019
- Residual Sugar 3.9 g/l (.39%)
- Alc/Vol 7%
- pH 3.67
- Titratable Acidity 6.3 g/l